Sister of missing student Prabhdeep Srawn, Mandeep, at Lake Jindabyne. Photo: Rohan ThomsonMore than two weeks after he was last seen, the search for missing Canadian bushwalker Prabhdeep Srawn has been significantly scaled down with a key coordination post closed.
Officials involved in the search had been coordinating operations at the Jindabyne National Parks and Wildlife Service Office, but command of the search has been reassigned to the nearby Jindabyne Police Station.
A NSW Police spokeswoman said local officers had been involved in limited search efforts from 7am on Friday.
The 25-year-old has been missing in Kosciuszko National Park since leaving his rental car at the Charlottes Pass Village on May 13.
Rescue helicopters and National Parks and Wildlife officers are no longer involved in the operation, but Mr Srawn’s family are believed to be in the process of hiring a private search team.
As hopes the Canadian army reservist would be found alive appear all but gone, Mr Srawn’s family said on Tuesday they were ”devastated and confused” by the decision to scale down the search.
On Tuesday, NSW Police Superintendent Shane Box said the “tough decision” to run a scaled down search had been taken after consultation with medical experts and an examination of the conditions and weather forecasts.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.