Powered by Okqtb!

Monthly Archives: October 2019

A man is in a serious condition in hospital after being shot in broad daylight this morning after a dispute with a group of men in south west Sydney.
Nanjing Night Net

Bankstown police Detective Superintendent Dave Eardley said the 21-year-old was involved in a fight with a group of men in front of a townhouse complex at Greenacre Road, Greenacre about 11.15am, before he was shot in the neck and the arm.

A Channel Nine news report said his mother, brother and other family members witnessed the shooting.

He was taken to Liverpool Hospital after the shooting and underwent surgery.

A police spokeman said he would be staying in hospital over night and is in a serious but stable condition.

Detective Superintendent Eardley said police believe it was a targetted shooting and that the victim may know the offender.

He said the police investigation into the incident was continuing and police would be out in force in Bankstown tonight.

Detective Superintendent Eardley said “the victim and a number of male persons were involved in a fight in the driveway of the townhouse complex” before the shooting.

Nine news reported that the victim was known to police.

Police said the offender was seen leaving the scene in a car.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Bankstown Local Area Command or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


Police are investigating after a man was stabbed in his left thigh at Woolloomoolloo’s Finger Warf last night.
Nanjing Night Net

Television news reports identified the victim as prominent real estate agent Tamer Yigit, 32, who lives at the warf.

It has been reported that he was stabbed after getting into a fight with another man in front of the high-end restaurant China Doll about 7pm.

The fight continued towards Cowper Street roadway in front of Aki’s Indian restaurant.

When police arrived they found Mr Yigit on the footpath near the wharf with a stab wound to his leg.

He was taken to St Vincent’s Hospital and it is believed his wound is not life-threatening.

Police said they were told a man of Middle Eastern/Mediterranean appearance was seen running west on Cowper Wharf Road shortly after the incident.

Officers conducted a search of the area, but did not find the man.

Kings Cross police are investigating the incident, and would like to hear from anyone who may be able to assist with their inquiries.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


Click here for full commentary
Nanjing Night Net

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


Taskforce Trentbridge is set to swoop on up to another six harness racing licensees in Tamworth this week after the arrest of trainer Anthony Mabbott on Monday. Mabbott has been stood down by Harness Racing NSW and will face four charges, two counts of facilitating conduct that corrupts the betting outcome of an event and two counts of use corrupt conduct information to bet on an event. ”We will be alleging that the 34-year-old was involved in at least two races,” Detective Inspector Wayne Walpole told The Northern Daily Leader. ”[We will allege] he with Robert Clement and other persons facilitated corrupt conduct of a betting event.” Fairfax Media has learnt police interviewed several drivers and trainers in the New England area last week and further charges could follow. Similar to the Prussian Secret case, which involved trainer Cody Morgan and former harness trainer Clement, it is believed the police have records of phone intercepts between the licensees.
Nanjing Night Net

Prussian Secret was stopped on the way to the Gunnedah Cup and Morgan and Clement charged under new laws with engaging in conduct that corrupts betting outcome of an event, and facilitating conduct that corrupts the betting outcome of an event. Harness Racing NSW chief integrity officer Reid Sanders indicated he was aware of the ongoing investigation and there was likely to be movement this week.

Meanwhile, trainer Rebecca Brown has been disqualified for six months after she knowingly allowed a disqualified person to participate within her registered training establishment. HRNSW stewards established that Brown’s fiance Mitchell Reese, who was disqualified, had driven, fed, watered and handled horses at Brown’s Jundera property.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.


Police are questioning a man who claimed to have left a hand grenade in a train carriage in the Blue Mountains this afternoon.
Nanjing Night Net

A police spokesman said the man, aged in his 30s, was making trouble at Mt Victoria station about 1.55pm today.

He told police that he had left his backpack and a hand grenade on a train.

The spokesman said officers believe the man may have been affected by drugs or alcohol at the time.

After being subdued with capsicum spray by a police officer, the man was arrested and taken to Katoomba police station where he’s expected to be charged.

The train and station were evacuated, and searched by Blue Mountains Police Rescue and the Bomb Disposal Squad.

The Blue Mountains train line was partially closed between Lithgow and Katoomba in both directions for about two hours while the search was held.

Officers found the man’s backpack on the train, but there were no signs of a grenade and the all-clear was given around 4.10pm.

Train operations re-commenced about 4.30pm.

A Transport Management Centre spokeswoman said there were lengthy delays on the train line following the incident and passengers were advised to delay their travel to the area or make alternative arrangements.

Police investigations continue.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.